The Edgeworth Building is a five-story, 166,000-square-foot adaptive reuse project which includes class A offices with retail space and a parking garage.
The project was completed in less than 12 months and divided in up into three phases. The first phase is restoration of the shell of the building including windows, lobby and elevators. The second phase consists of build out of commercial space on floors three through five for a law office. The final phase is construction of a two-story parking garage across the street for parking for the tenants.
Hirschler Fleischer law firm has signed on as the anchor tenant occupying 67,334 square feet of space. The building is located in Forest City’s urban mixed-use district along Richmond’s riverfront in Shockoe Bottom. KBS previously performed the adaptive reuse of The River Lofts, also in the development.
The original structure was built in 1920 and housed Larus & Brothers Tobacco Company.