Having Fun is Serious Business
Want to know how we stay in the construction industry for more than 30 years? KBS has some of the most talented and dedicated people in our business. And working hard means playing hard too.
Employees have the opportunity to work on a diverse array of construction projects. In addition to construction operations, KBS offers careers in accounting, estimating, human resources and marketing. KBS offers the personal touch of a family-owned business and promotes the growth of our employees. Opportunities for involvement exist throughout the company through corporate committees, social events and company-sponsored sports teams. Our annual corporate events include cornhole tournaments, summer cookouts, socials, fall picnics and holiday parties.
Current Employment Opportunities
KBS is seeking a seasoned estimator familiar with commercial multi-family, mixed-use and retail projects ranging in size from $1-40 million. As a member of the KBS estimating team, your duties include:
- Review and incorporate historical data from subcontracts, purchase orders, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and labor hour estimates.
- Perform detailed quantity and labor takeoffs. Preparing estimates, including schedules, for use in selecting vendors/subcontractors.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope, duration and cost of work, keeping in mind how the project will likely be constructed.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures. Interface with client, architect, engineer and subcontractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, procuring material, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with competent, reliable subcontractors and vendors to assist with competitive pricing.
This position will offer excellent compensation, relocation, bonus opportunity, monthly vehicle allowance and full benefits.
KBS is seeking seasoned project managers for commercial multi-residential, mixed-use and retail projects ranging in size from $2-30 million. PM is the team leader, charged with completing the project on time and on budget. The PM manages on site safety and quality program, working with safety and quality directors to mitigate site specific risks. PM candidates should have strong team leadership, construction management background, CPM scheduling, Timberline a plus. BS in construction management, engineering or architecture. 5-10 years experience.
KBS is seeking We seek construction superintendents with 5-7 years commercial and large multi-family project experience. As the site leader, your duties include supervising the activities and operations of all construction personnel at the site. Manage the project safety plan. Effectively schedule and coordinate on-site work operations. Create and maintain 3-week Look Ahead. Supervise assistant superintendent and/or craft activities, determining method of construction, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, etc. Coordinate with the client and design team to assure conformance to contract documents. Strong computer skills including scheduling software, Microsoft Office, job site photos, etc. Timberline a plus.
Apply for a Position
Send resume by fax to (804) 515-1293 Attn: Human Resources
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail to 8050 Kimway Drive, Richmond, VA 23228
Or, submit here:
No phone calls please. KBS, Inc. is an EOE. All qualified applicants encouraged to apply.