As KBS works in the community, it is not only our mission to provide quality construction services – it is also to help improve the quality of life in communities through financial support and volunteering time with charities that touch the neighborhoods that we work in.
KBS has had a long-time relationship with Make-A-Wish of Greater Virginia with our President, Bill Paulette, previously serving on the Board of Directors and our Vice President of Business Development, John Gillenwater, currently serving as Chairman of the Board. Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening conditions
Another organization near and dear to KBS is the Operation Renewed Hope Foundation which provides quality housing and supportive services for veterans. This organization was founded by Lieutenant Colonel Deborah Snyder who is the sister of KBS’ Vice President of Preconstruction Services, Steve Satterfield. An Army Veteran with over 20 years of service, Lieutenant Colonel Snyder has a tremendous passion for helping those who have served our country through military service which led her to establish the Operation Renewed Hope Foundation in 2011.
Other charitable organizations that KBS proudly supports are:
- Children’s Hospital Foundation – Support for programs and initiatives of Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU
- Penney Girls Foundation – Support for chronically ill children and their families
- World Pediatric Project – Provides diagnostic and surgery care to children in Central America and the Caribbean
- Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House – A home-away-from home for caregivers of patients at Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital – and was also built by KBS
- Bon Secours Richmond Healthcare Foundation – Healthcare services for the community
- EVMS – Funds research, clinical and educational programs at Eastern Virginia Medical School to benefit the community
- Habitat for Humanity and ReStore – Provides safe and affordable housing for low-income families
- FeedMore – Central Virginia’s core hunger-relief program serving 34 counties and cities
- FoodBank of Southeastern Virginia and The Eastern Shore – Assisting families and individuals in a 4,745 square mile service area
KBS places a high value on philanthropy and partnering with organizations that make communities a better place to live. “Our hope is to nurture the genuine connections that we have made in the community through our involvement with these organizations,” said Gillenwater.